Life has been a bit crazy these days hasn’t it? In our house we now have two children at home full-time which honestly hasn’t left me much time to focus on anything besides building legos and taking care of our 4 month old (and of course watching Tiger King when we do eventually head to bed.) We finally feel like we are getting slightly used to this temporary new normal which luckily came at the perfect time. I am getting back in the kitchen/studio and am excited to collaborate with my fellow Seattle bakers for the #bakedinseattlecollab . If you love chocolate and also happen to be gluten free or just want to add a gluten free dessert to your repertoire then this Double Chocolate Butterscotch Chip Skillet Cake is for you. (And I swear it doesn’t even taste gluten free!) Recipe below! •
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup gluten free flour
½ cup cocoa powder
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch skillet.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl whisk the whipping cream, melted butter, water, vegetable oil and vanilla.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix just until fully combined. Stir in chocolate and butterscotch chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared skillet and spread into an even layer.
4. Put mixture in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Let cake sit for 10 minutes then serve with ice cream. (Sharing optional!)
#bakedinseattlecollab #seattle #seattlebaker #seattlefoodie #seattlefoodphotographer #lodgecastiron #castironcooking #castirondessert #glutenfree #glutenfreebaking #feedfeedbaking #feedfeedglutenfree #imsomartha #bobsredmill #bobsredmillglutenfree #foodphotography #bonappetit #f52grams #foodstyling #foodie #wegotthisseattle #seattlewashington #adugovichphotography #todayshow #todayfood #king5 #king5evening